HP3000-L Archives

April 2021, Week 3

From:
"Keven Miller (3kG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller (3kG)
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 17:45:20 -0700
Not me - but I have worked with Cups on Hpux and Linux.

I have some code someplace for Windows, where you point your HP3k to a
windows
server that runs this "RawPrintServer" and routes your spoolfile to a
Windows connected priinter.

I see its originally by
    RawPrintServer Copyright (c) 2006, Henk Jonas and Alexander R Pruss
    All rights reserved.

For Linux / Unix / OS X, the software is the tiny RawPrintServer.sh script.
Its short -
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 ]
do
    nc -l -p 9100 | lpr -l -P "$1"
done

Basically its using netcat (I think -- nc) to listen on port 9100
and route to a Linux priniter.
So - you could route to a Cups defined printer.

Just a thought.

Keven Miller