HP3000-L Archives

April 2021, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 08:52:20 -0400

On Tue, April 20, 2021 17:55, O'Neill, Timothy J CIV USARMY ATEC (USA) wrote:
> Unless your 3K is also on the 192.168, you would need to configure a route to
the 192.168 network.

Thanks, one never knows what may have been overlooked.  However, in this case
the network topography is not at issue.  Although our internal addressing
scheme is a mess that developed slowly over 25 years of tinkering.

Our HP3000s have been on our network since 1990.  We have been using networked
printers since that time.  The host, routing, and gateway addresses all work
and have for decades.  They are not pretty, but they are straight forward; and
they do work reliably.

The issue is not the network per se.  It is the fact that I am trying to
MacGyver a pdf conversion process using 1994 technology and open source
software only.

Nobody has ever accused me of having reasonable expectations and I have no
intention of giving any evidence to the contrary at this late date.

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:[log in to unmask]
Canada  L8E 3C3

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *