HP3000-L Archives

March 2021, Week 1

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2021 13:02:38 -0500
Randy,

In addition to problems caused by too many files in a group of HFS
directory, there is definitely a per-disk limit on number of files. When
you reach that limit you see an unexplained "out of disc space" message
even when free space is plentiful. Off the top of my head I don't
remember what that limit is, but if memory serves it is in excess of
150,000 files per disk.

*Doug Werth* | VP of Operations
(513) 922-0509 x426
(513) 312-4883 (mobile)
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> LinkedIn profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-werth>

<http://www.beechglen.com>
Enterprise Solutions and Support Services