HP3000-L Archives

November 2020, Week 4

From:
Jim Maher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2020 07:46:42 -0800
Hi Jack
I worked on these years ago when I first started with HP. I remember these being only a few MB. They used an encoder glass to sync the head positioning.  I think you needed an oscilloscope to align the heads. Can you send me some pictures? Does it spin up and  the heads mount? The heads must be cleaned. We used a dental mirror to look up at them. Look for dirt on the edges. Clean with alcohol and a pad wrapped around a plastic flexible part that looks like a tongue depressor a doctor might use. Maybe you don't have to clean the platter. Good luck

Jim Maher
Saratoga Computers
888-999-7479