HP3000-L Archives

November 2020, Week 3

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:05:00 +0000
Did you try ABORTIO?
-Craig

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 6:05 AM, James B. Byrne<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   External Email

Last night our backup to tape failed with a bad media error.  We cleaned the
drive and replaced the media with a new, previously unused, dds3 cartridge.
The tape drive accepted the new tape but it did not position it for writing and
the SHOWDEV status stayed at AVAIL.  We replaced the new tape with one
previously used this week and observed the same behaviour.

I have tried downing and upping the device without effect.

What is going on and how do it correct it?

--
***          e-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel          ***
  Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:[log in to unmask]
Harte & Lyne Limited          http://www.harte-lyne.ca
9 Brockley Drive              vox: +1 905 561 1241
Hamilton, Ontario            fax: +1 905 561 0757
Canada  L8E 3C3

This message is not from a UTC.EDU address. Caution should be used in clicking links and downloading attachments from unknown senders or unexpected email.