HP3000-L Archives

November 2019, Week 1

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:31:08 +0000
External Email

2028         MESSAGE    ! NOT RESTORED: FILE WAS NOT FOUND WHEN FINAL TRAILER WAS ENCOUNTERED

           CAUSE      The file was not restored because the final trailer was encountered before finding the file.

           ACTION     Verify you specified the file name correctly.  If the problem still persists contact your HP Support Representative.
MPE/iX Error Messages Volume II
The error message should specify a file name; the first Action choice suggest you should check the file name.
And if you have it correct, why you would think it was on the tape. Was it a full, or a partial?
The second Action choice, if you are convinced the file should be on the tape, may not be feasible these days :-)

Roy

Sent from my iPad