HP3000-L Archives

February 2018, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2018 14:49:11 +0000
Do a DISCFREE E.  In the "Configured" column is the number for "Permanent" less than the "Device" value (percent figure next to "permanent" less than 100)?  If so, you have volume capacity that can't be used because it's not available for permanent file storage.

A lot of shops set that permanent allocation at less than 100 even though private volume sets don't use transient space.  There's really no reason to set the permanent allocation at less than 100%, unless you just want to keep some space in reserve for emergencies.