HP3000-L Archives

January 2018, Week 2

From:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:05:11 -0500
Hi Reggie,

There are trial and licensed versions of GlancePlux/iX.

If it is on your subsys (B1787B, or part of the GlancePlus Pack B2953A which
includes Glance
and PCS,  IIRC), then you would have purchased it in the past.  The trial
version would only run
for 60 days after it was installed and required some special incantations to
get it to run for
another 60 days...

You probably have or had the paper license with your system manuals.

If it is not on your subsys tape, then you may not have the license that
goes with
The purchased product...

In any event, the purchased version for MPE/iX does not have a license file
that must reside
On the system in order for it to run...  So there is not a command that you
can issue to
Display the license and an expoiration date.  There is a file on your subsys
tape that has the
list of products You are entitled to...

The version headers displayed with the version command would indicate if
glancexl (or did it
Change to glanceix after or while I was supporting it) is a trial version or
not...

Thanks,
Gary Robillard