HP3000-L Archives

September 2017, Week 4

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:54:56 -0500
Thanks everyone, for your help...

We got it working, what we did was take the tape drive back to the
shop where we plugged it into another HP3000, a 928. It just worked
like every other DLT. So we took the DLT, the SCSI cable, the
terminator, and the FW SCSI card back to the customer, installed it,
and it worked.

So I believe that the two FW SCSI cards that we previously tried were
both bad, and the third FW SCSI was good, but it is debatable.

Anyway... thanks for all the remainders of what could go wrong while
installing a DLT tape drive.

--
Michael Anderson