HP3000-L Archives

February 2017, Week 2

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2017 07:53:31 -0600
R R 111351Z FEB17
FM TRACY
TO TIM
INFO HP3000-L
BT

Tim,

Hopefully you have been getting group replies about ODBC.    I'm doing a Reply-All because I noticed your first message was to the Subscribe address.  In this case you should also at least get a personal copy.

ODBC would be your best option.

However I remember a really old option.  Do you have Powerhouse?  Specifically QTP ?

You could do a portable subfile and create a downloadable flat file.  In Minisoft or Reflection.

Example:

> ACCESS MYDATASET
> SUBFILE NEWNAME KEEP INCLUDE ALL PORTABLE
> GO

Only works with QTP, in QUIZ you have to name the fields.

Then download  your NEWNAME.

Do that for every dataset.  Hopefully your datasets are not too extensive, there may be width problems.  Make sure your ASCII width is the same as your flat file.

This creates flat files that should be importable to any spreadsheet, Access probably works too.  Or once you've got it into a spreadsheet flip it over to Access.

(I'm typing my pseudo code from memory, the word order of the SUBFILE command may be off.)

Tracy Johnson
BT

NNNN