HP3000-L Archives

July 2016, Week 4

From:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:39:17 -0600
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Stanfield, Randy (Carrollton, TX) <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We've had some switches changed out over the weekend and now having issues
> FTP'ing to 2 of my production HP3000's. The Hang about 30-45 seconds is
> sporadic but can recreate the issue. 1 out of 7 FTP connections will
> hang-up. The ports on the Switch are configured 100/FULL.
>
> It sort of acts like the VESOFT issue of HOST-CHECK where it hangs on
> logon.
>
> I'm seeing an error in my FTPLOG too. But not for every occurrence
>
>   FTP/XL Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 6:21 AM, pin=#573 : JINETD,FTP.SFDPC,FTP
>   ARPA FTP Server session is dying because of a NetIPC error: Unknown error
>
>   FTP/XL Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 6:23 AM, pin=#1677 : JINETD,FTP.SFDPC,FTP
>   ARPA FTP Server session is dying because of a NetIPC error: Unknown error
>
>   FTP/XL Wed, Jul 27, 2016, 7:32 AM, pin=#1517 : JINETD,TRANSFER.SFDPC,DATA
>   ARPA FTP Server session is dying because of a NetIPC error: Unknown error
>

> Also from the client I've seen an error connection closed by remote host.
>

> ftp> OPEN UW0H3P01
> Connected to uw0h3p01
> 220 HP ARPA FTP Server [A0012H15] (C) Hewlett-Packard Co. 2000 [PASV
> SUPPORT]
> User (uw0h3p01:(none)): ftpuser.account
> 230 User logged on
> ftp> cd /ACCOUNT/FTP/Zilliant
> Connection closed by remote host.
> ftp> ls ./PC_Product*.rdy
> Not connected.
> ftp> close
> Not connected.
>

> Any Suggestions?

Check your TCP timers in NMMGR.  They should be:

[Y]       Checksum Enabled (Y For Yes, N For No)
[4096 ]   Maximum Number of Connections

[1  ]     Retransmission Interval Lower Bound (Secs)
[360  ]   Maximum Time to Wait For Remote Response (Sec)
[2  ]     Initial Retransmission Interval (Secs)
[8  ]     Maximum Retransmissions per Packet

[600  ]   Connection Assurance Interval (Secs)
[4  ]     Maximum Connection Assurance Retransmissions

To have them take effect, you need to stop/re-start the network. Since
getting the box that quiet is nearly the same thing as rebooting, I
normally recommend rebooting....

If you're still having issues, <plug> I recommend you contact Allegro for
assistance </plug> :-)         - donna

--
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.