HP3000-L Archives

April 2016, Week 4

From:
David N Lukenbill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David N Lukenbill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:33:36 -0400
1) Fan 7 is located in the rear, on the right side. (Looking from the back
to the front.)

2) The SPU does not have to be off, so yes, it's hot swappable.

3) Replacement isn't too urgent.

I had a fan that was starting to fail.  I waited until a replacement could
be obtained, but my computer room stays pretty cool.

To replace:  Remove the front cover.  Carefully remove the left and right
brackets which lock the SPU to the rack (Torx screws).  Once you've done
that, you can very carefully slide the SPU backward - just enough to get
access to the top rear plate.  Remove that plate.  You'll be able to see
which fan isn't spinning, but I'm pretty sure it's the one on your right.
Unscrew the two captive screws which attach the fan to the chassis.  Pull
the fan up to remove it.  Reverse the procedure to put the new fan back in.

I can send you the rp7400 Removal and Replacement PDF if you need it.

DAVID LUKENBILL
Professional System Administrator, Americas - Standard Delivery -
Pittsburgh - iACTION Team 2 Member
CSC

6908 Mariemont Dr, Louisville, KY  40291
t: +1.502.762.1717 | m: +1.502.931.7261 | [log in to unmask] | www.csc.com

ADVANCE LEAVE NOTIFICATION: None

delivery.
purpose.