HP3000-L Archives

September 2015, Week 1

From:
Tim O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2015 16:26:32 -0400
The root of the problem might be SNMP.  All networked printers have the same failure.
I.e. print jobs remain in READY state, or go to PRINT state without actually printing.
1.  Is there more to enabling SNMP than having a valid SNMPCONF file and restarting the system?
     (The book says SNMP always tries to start, either with MPE or with NS.)
2.  I have tried both SNMP_ENABLED=TRUE and SNMP_ENABLED=FALSE (at different times)
     for the same LDEV  in the NPCONFIG file.
3.  I have tried unspooling the device and defining a file equation for the unspooled device.
     The result is the same: it does not print.   (This proves the problem is not the spooler,
     which I never thought it was.)