HP3000-L Archives

July 2015, Week 2

From:
"Gribbin, Francis J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gribbin, Francis J.
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 14:57:45 +0000
Hi Al,

*** As a preface: Thanks again to the HP 3K folks for maintaining backward compatibility. ***

A colleague of mine passed the following along for your consideration:

Access 2010 cannot open Access 95 mdb files.  Might get away with converting to newer version with Access 2007 if no VBA code is contained in the database, otherwise it looks like you have to use Access 2003, 2002 or 2000 to convert to newer format:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-an-Access-95-database-into-an-Access-2007-file-65ae9f69-3c0e-4fea-8952-dcb4e90119b1

Access 2010 can still open Access 97 mdb files;

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-69abbf06-8401-4cf3-b950-f790fa9f359c

Access 2013 completely drops support for Access Data Project files (ADP files).  Use Access 2007 or 2010 to convert to ACCDB file.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19807031/how-to-convert-an-adp-to-accdb-using-access-2013

Frank Gribbin

Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP