HP3000-L Archives

July 2015, Week 2

From:
Tom Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:04:58 -0400
Mark,

<snip>
"May I ask why you appear to be questioning the 4GL status of languages like Protos, Powerhouse and Speedware?  I am confident that almost all the individuals on this list would consider these 4GLs or at least de facto 4GL's.

What is your end game?  Are you doing research?  Are you disputing what a 4GL is?  There may be better and more direct lines of questioning that will help you achieve your goals."
<snip>

Terry O'Brien asked for feedback in his original post.

I don't have an "end game" and my current "research" is Le Tour.
I've just seen Tony Martin (Yellow Jersey) crash about 1 Km from the Finish line at Le Havre, and this may have caused him to withdraw due to his injuries.

I ask you to read the topic from the beginning, and I think you'll find some explanations of my views and those of others.
I am offering my feedback; I am taking part in a discussion; and I am not offering advice to anyone about what's better or best.

I'm retired and off to the local 'Nerf Gun' centre with my grandson.

Kindest Regards,
Tom.