HP3000-L Archives

May 2015, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 08:06:18 -0500
Evidence, schemvidence.  Why let facts get in the way of a good myth?  Why
are you being such a heartless person by denying that Carly, upon reviewing
the code for the SQL interface to TURBOIMAGE decided to terminate the HP3000
right there and then?

Next thing you know, you will be telling us that there was no evidence that
St. Hillary, (who, by the way, was named after the famed Kiwi mountaineer,
Edmund Hillary, a full 6 years before he reached the summit of Everest,) did
not fly into Benghazi that fateful night in a desperate attempt to save her
good friend, the US ambassador to Libya but had to turn back when she came
under withering sniper fire.  Again.

Could you please let our cherished delusions be and get back to your COBOL
programming?  (BTW, I still can't believe that I am forever programming in
COBOL also.)

Denys