HP3000-L Archives

January 2015, Week 3

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 17:38:21 +0000
It was a coding error that never impacted this before. This program used to print bar code and that
was commented out at one point. At some point, I am loading a field called PCL-10-BAR-CODE-UNSET
with ESC(028ESC(S and printing the line after advancing 0. ESC = escape character. There was a reason
for doing that at one time, but whatever it was, it is the culprit that is causing the problem. Removing
that line item from the print causes it all to work perfectly.

Thanks for all your help. You definitely helped lead me in the right direction. By sprinkling the print lines
with tildes, I was able to narrow it down to one sequence that wasn't causing me any problems until
these tildes started appearing in the data. Somehow, I was telling it to change tildes to u umlauts.
Such talent. Again, thanks!!! Problem is resolved!

Tom