HP3000-L Archives

January 2015, Week 3

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:27:49 +0000
I don't know why this is happening, but I have narrowed it down more.

When I throw some ~s elsewhere in the report, like in the titles and inside the value of the
work center, they print just fine ON THE FIRST PAGE.

Starting on the second page, they all revert to u umlauts.

In other words, something is happening on that line that prints the misbehaving data and
it changes any tilde to a u umlaut after that.

I have tried various fonts (except for line printer, which you say works OK) and always get
the u umlaut.

So the problem appears to be on that one line, where I happen to be using cursor positioning
to make the data appear where I want it. Something about the cursor positioning is maybe
the culprit. That is the escape sequence that appears just before the data in the spool file.

I will try commenting out the cursor positioning to see what happens.
Perhaps there is an error embedded in that cursor positioning that is causing this behavior.
But I'm not sure what to do if the cursor positioning is the culprit. On the first occurrence,
The code and data appears as: esc&a6642H005-AQ004~-002  in the spoolfile. If it is the cursor
positioning, then it could be any of the cursor positioning sequences that appear anywhere,
not just the one that is before the actual data.

Tom