HP3000-L Archives

December 2014, Week 2

From:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:21:58 -0800
i'm not sure i'm qualified to comment on this any longer....

but it seems to me that macros were very efficient (and as i recall) very
flexible (depending on how they were written, of course).

it also seems to me that the 'power of macros' made porting challenging.

so if your hidden agenda involves porting, then i think you'd want to do
the copy thing.         - d

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Robert W.Mills <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But what if you HAD to choose?
>
> > On 8 Dec 2014, at 20:41, "Tracy Pierce" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > No need to choose, you can use them both.
> >
> > I say use COPY bookname REPLACING ==string== BY ==newstring==
> >
> > I once went to pains to eliminate macro usage but I can't remember why.

Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.
408-252-2330
Visit us on Linkedin