HP3000-L Archives

October 2014, Week 1

From:
Francois Desrochers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francois Desrochers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 16:05:58 +0000
Tim,

Use Query's FORM command:

RUN QUERY.PUB.SYS

>B=dbname

PASSWORD = >> password

MODE = >> 5

>FORM

Manual masters: programs have to explicitly add entries before you can add related entries in detail sets. Programs have to explicitly delete entries when there are no related detail entries left. In other words, you have to do master dataset maintenance.

Automatic masters: entries are automatically created when a related detail set entry is created. Entries in the master are automatically removed when the last related detail entry is deleted. Image takes care of the maintenance.

Thanks...François