HP3000-L Archives

July 2014, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:01:20 -0700
Solution: Weird, but it worked.
Win7 INSISTS on installing in Program Files (x86) and really doesn't seem to care where I wanted to install it.
As administrator, I installed it and TOLD it to install in Program Files.  It didn't. BUT stay with me.  Then I copied (Not cut) the AICS Research folder from Program Files (x86) to Program Files.

And it WORKS!

I think Microsoft needs some things in the (x86) folder, while QCTerm needs them in Regular program files.
I'm not going to spend the time sorting out which needs to go where for a few Kb of drive space on a 1Tb drive.