HP3000-L Archives

April 2014, Week 2

From:
Alan Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:01:03 +0100
On 10/04/2014 16:36, Mark Wonsil wrote:
> I agree with John. Change your password AFTER the server remediation is
> completed or at least change it again after remediation.
>
>   etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *
I received the following in an email from a site I'm registered with,
suggesting how you can tests sites for vulnerability.

I cannot vouch for filippo.io  so beware/check out before using

      Advice for web users:

There are ways you can test if websites you visit are vulnerable to the
'Heartbleed Bug' before you enter any personal details on them.
If you are a Chrome user you can download a Chrome Extension,
Chromebleed, which warns you when a site you're visiting has been affected.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromebleed/eeoekjnjgppnaegdjbcafdggilajhpic

There is also a test site you can check by domain names
http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

        Changing Passwords

As a precautionary measure, people are being advised to change the
passwords for all of their online accounts -- especially the most
sensitive accounts (Internet Banking, Email, Social Networks etc...).
If you decide to undertake these [painfully laborious] measures, may we
advise that you *do not change your password with a website until you
are certain that they have already patched the 'Heartbleed Bug'.* This
will ensure the safety of your new set of passwords.

--
Alan Yeo
[log in to unmask]    Just because you're paranoid