HP3000-L Archives

March 2014, Week 2

From:
Karsten Brøndum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karsten Brøndum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:48:37 +0100
Cleaning up the basement, i still have an old HP 2645 Terminal with two
tape drives. (Internally we called it the /Neanderthal/ )

I remember using it and the tape drives for remote file transfer via
modem (300/600 baud or something).  Only problem was 7 bit transfer
only. Then came the HP150 with some HP transfer software (can't remember
the name of the software), and then finally Reflection.

Made me wonder hos much support is left in FCOPY in the newer MPE
versions for this fine piece of equipment ?

if you do

FCOPY from=; to=$CTUL;

Will it still prompt you to insert a cartridge in the left Unit ? ($CTUR
for right if my memory is correct)

- Karsten