HP3000-L Archives

January 2014, Week 4

From:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:35:14 +0000
Hi all,

We’re looking at storing all of our printable historical transaction docs on the hp3k as PDF docs in a SQL Server DB.

We’ve looked at winpcl2pdf that uses GhostPCL , but had some issues using it due to the CCTL from the 3k.

We also are looking at 2 products from Open Seas, SpoolPDF (handles the CCTL) and OpenPDF (does the conversion of PCL to PDF).  These 2 products seem to work fairly well (we’ve hit a snag or two with fonts, but have resolved those thus far).

What we’d like to know is has anyone else tried this, and if yes, what products did you use?

It’d be ideal to have a freeware product, but that seems unlikely, so just looking  at other offerings that folks have had success with, and see what the cost/benefits are of each.

As always, thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Ray Shahan

Programmer