HP3000-L Archives

December 2013, Week 3

From:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 16:48:58 -0600
Merry Christmas!

Here is a HP3000 geek present for you!

I used to do the first system restore interactively on the console, but would occasionally lose some important error messages as they scrolled by and I wasn't able to look back.   So I came up with the following expert tip.

After I boot a system, set up disks, tapes and console  access and set up the volumes for the MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET…

I copy and paste this from a PC text file into the console….
Note: I intentionally added the pause to ensure the tape in LDev 7 reloads before the job starts.

******************* Start ************************
******************* Start ************************
******************* Start ************************

devctrl 7 load=online
PURGE JREST
PURGE JREST,temp
build jrest;rec=-80,1,f,ascii;disc=1000
file jrest=jrest,old
echo :job jrest,manager.sys                     >>*jrest
echo :continue                                  >>*jrest
echo :file t;dev=7                              >>*jrest
echo :restore *t;@[log in to unmask]@;keep;olddate;create;&    >>*jrest
echo :       directory;show;progress=1;partdb   >>*jrest
echo :tellop *******************************    >>*jrest
echo :tellop *******************************    >>*jrest
echo :tellop **    ****   ***  *** *     ***    >>*jrest
echo :tellop ** *** ** *** ** * ** * *******    >>*jrest
echo :tellop ** * ** * *** ** * ** * *******    >>*jrest
echo :tellop ** *  * * *** ** ** * *   *****    >>*jrest
echo :tellop ** *  * * *** ** ** * * *******    >>*jrest
echo :tellop ** *** ** *** ** ***  * *******    >>*jrest
echo :tellop **    ****   *** **** *      **    >>*jrest
echo :tellop *******************************    >>*jrest
echo :tellop *******************************    >>*jrest
echo :eoj                                       >>*jrest

pause 60
jobfence 0
streams 10
openq lp