HP3000-L Archives

October 2013, Week 5

From:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:43:31 -0700
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You're on 5.5 which if I remember correctly is the first release with the
> POSIX shell.  You will have to confirm that the POSIX shell is installed in
> the first place.
>
> The Allegro site has a great paper on this. Plug and Play Posix:  found
> here: http://www.allegro.com/?page_id=569
>
> Once you fire up the shell, navigate to /PUB/SYS and then effect the mv:
>  $mv STORECAT STORECT2
>
> You can also do it directly in MPE but I do not have an MPE system handy
> to get the proper syntax.  You need to put in the parameters in the info="
> " string.
>
> I'm sure someone will be along to give the proper command.

it's been how many years and we still have to explain that you DO NOT have
to go into the shell to run (most) posix stuff?

you can do the following to confirm that you have the MV program.  (In this
lady's case, this is probably a critical step...):

listfile mv.hpbin.sys,2
ACCOUNT=  SYS         GROUP=  HPBIN

FILENAME  CODE  ------------LOGICAL RECORD-----------  ----SPACE----
                  SIZE  TYP        EOF      LIMIT R/B  SECTORS #X MX

MV        NMPRG   128W  FB         637        637   1      640  1  8

so do do a mv, it would simply be -- :mv.hpbin "./STORECAT2 ./STORECAT"
(presuming the logon is manager.sys and the current/home group is .pub)

       - d

--
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.