HP3000-L Archives

October 2013, Week 4

From:
Paul Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2013 00:34:35 -0400
Michael: thanks for that. It appears that changing to upper-case has got me over that particular error message. In reply to your other email I can load the form file and the form via ENTRY -  I needed to do this in order to get the field names for the COBOL program.

So the program gets past recognizing the form file and form  I'm now getting an error: "A field with the screen order supplied does not exist". I presume this refers to a section of 7 entries (7 fields on the form) thus:

multiply screen-order of field-entry (1) by -1
giving field-id of spec-entry (1)
move 5 to change-type of spec-entry (1)
move "O" to change-spec of spec-entry (1) .... etc

The comments in the program state: "Screen order is indicated to field change intrinsic as a negative number".

As you have probably guessed I'm stumbling my way through VPLUS so I'm not really sure what these entries do.

So I've either got an incorrect screen order or may be the program doesn't recognize my field names - I used the VPLUS entry field names in the program.