HP3000-L Archives

July 2013, Week 1

From:
Cortlandt Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cortlandt Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2013 16:31:03 -0700
Brian Edminster writes:

  * I'd like to highlight another source: www.MPE-OpenSource.org I
    administer that site, as well as put together the 'pre-packaged'
    install available there.

FYI From the home page the website looks like no one is home.** The home
page says it was last updated in 2011 as is the last "news" item under
"News  & Most Recent Packages/Updates".

- Cortlandt
   owner of the not dead but oft' sleepy looking www.cortsoft.com

> The reason that using MPE's ftp client (ftp.arpa.sys) fails - is because as similar as they sound, ftp and sftp are VERY different animals.
>
> Fortunately, there is a 'sftp' client available for the 3000 - the byproduct of work by Ken Hirsh and others.
>
> It *used* to be hosed on Ken's account on Invent3K, but when that server was taken out of service - so was Ken's account.
>
> As you've no doubt already noticed - it's available from a number of sources, two of which have already been mentioned (Beechglen and Allegro).
>
> I'd like to highlight another source: www.MPE-OpenSource.org
>
> I administer that site, as well as put together the 'pre-packaged' install available there.  It's in a single store-to-disc file in Reflection 'wrq' format - making it easy for the majority of sites to retrieve and use.  Here's the URL:
>
>     http://www.mpe-opensource.org/navigation/Package_Name/sftpquick-start.html
>
> If you have any questions about how to use this - or how to get around any limitations you might run into, don't hesitate to contact me.  I've used this on dozens of systems over the last decade, and have transferred many, many gigabytes of data with it.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Brian Edminster
> Applied Technologies, Inc
> "Providing Robust Solutions and Integration,
>   for Today, and Tomorrow"
> Webmaster for www.MPE-OpenSource.org

Cortlandt Wilson Technical Support and Development DataSelf Corp. 650
966-8555 [log in to unmask] www.dataself.com <=p
class=3DMsoNormal>*DataSelf*

Business= intelligence for mid-size companies