HP3000-L Archives

January 2013, Week 1

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2013 00:41:33 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Edwards
<[log in to unmask]> writing at 14:01:48 in his/her local time opines:-
>I had a customer who wrote in COBOL and was a sailing nut. He used sailing
>terms for all of his variables, data item, base, and data set names. Very
>hard to follow his logic.

Probably started out in the days when programs came on decks of
cards.....

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris