HP3000-L Archives

October 2012, Week 3

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:18:15 +0100
In message
<[log in to unmask]>, Todd
Niedringhaus <[log in to unmask]> writing at 17:25:21 in
his/her local time opines:-
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone have a link to or a copy of a technical reference manual
>for an HP9000dn laserjet printer?
>
>I'm specifically looking for the hp pcl command list for this printer.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Todd N-haus

A quick Google for 'HP9000dn printer manual' reveals, among other likely
candidates:-

http://business.fsu.edu/tech/printermanuals/laserprinters/HP9000.pdf

which has some PCL commands in Appendix D and suggests that this printer
uses PCL5e.

A note in this Appendix says:-

"The table at the end of this appendix contains commonly used PCL 5e
commands (See “Common PCL 5e printer commands” on page 212). To
order a PCL 5/PJL Technical Reference Documentation Package, see
www.hp.com/support/lj9000."

which further suggests it supports PCL 5 generally.

Typing 'PCL 5/PJL Technical Reference Documentation Package' into Google
then leads to:-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13210/bpl13210
.pdf

which is Part 1 of the PCL 5 Printer Language Technical Reference Manual

and which in turn refers to Part 2 at :-

http://h200007.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13211/bpl1321
1.pdf

though this is a dead link :-(

However, by analogy with the Part 1 URL above, the slightly amended
URL:-

http://h2000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13211/bpl13211.
pdf

does indeed lead to Part 2 of this manual.

Hopefully, these references will yield what you want.

If not though, ask again, and I'll dig a little deeper.

Roy
--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris