HP3000-L Archives

April 2012, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:13:59 -0700
Jesse,

Yes, it is possible to have a private volume on the 12h, if you have
enough physical hard drives.   It is not possible to remove a drive from
 a volume set.  If only 4 LUN's are configured, it would be recommended
to store to tape, reconfigure the 12h  and reload.

2nd question.   There is a setting on the 12h, that determines the
host.  If it is not set to MPE the lun's will not mount.   Sorry, it has
 been about 10 years since I have seen a 12h.   The performance on the
12h is horribly slow when compared to the newer arrays.

Good Luck,

-Craig