HP3000-L Archives

November 2011, Week 1

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:57:42 -0500
At 10:25 AM 11/02/2011, James B. Byrne wrote:

>I left my former bank (of 25 years at the time) a decade
>ago for a financial institution, not a credit union, that
>has no transaction or monthly/annual account fees
>whatsoever. It also pays a higher rate of daily interest
>on savings than any other bank I know of and requires no
>minimum monthly balances.  I have never regretted the
>decision.  When last I did the calculation five or six
>years ago I estimated that I was saving on the order of
>$600-$700 per year in fees alone and was making an
>additional $200 or so a year in interest.
>
>We are the 99%. It is time we stopped behaving like cattle
>and started acting like reasoning beings.

This is how you bring about change.  Forget your elected
officials...they're likely being paid on the side in some way.  Hit
these institutions in the pocketbook and change will begin.  One of
the keys to effective negotiating is to have an alternative...being
able to walk away from the offer and go to another.

John Lee