HP3000-L Archives

October 2011, Week 3

From:
"Mr. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:56:47 -0500
When you say MRP,
I think of ASK MANMAN, and Manufacturing/Requirements/Planning.

I know of a Manufacturing Logistics system (MMTS), which means:
Material/Management/Tracking/System.
It has all the modules for MRP to work, Shipping/Receiving, Purchasing &
Inventory, Bill of Materail and so on...  It is written in
COBOL/IMAGE/VPLUS, I have all the Source and know the original author
and owner of the source. I can contact he if you're interested.
It was designed for the Material Shipping and Logistics industry.

I know of several companies still running it, and sadly, as the 3k
becomes less viable, I will be converting it to a Web Base Linux,
Apache, MySql & OpenCobol or Cobol-IT soon.

--
Mike