HP3000-L Archives

October 2011, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:42:19 -0500
It's going to take much more than a broken drive to get into this problem.
You can boot a system with a tape drive configured but not attached a the
ldev will still be associated with the drive.  The  problem here may be
deeper, as Jeff indicates.  Something removed it from the configuration
table at start up time, and that takes a bad configuration from sysgen or a
broken adapter or some such.

After you do the things Jeff suggested, you should go into sysgen and check
the configuration for that ldev.  Then you will need to reboot and on the
way up, you should check the hardware status with mapper(2).

Denys