HP3000-L Archives

October 2011, Week 1

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:25:27 -0400
The NPCONFIG changes didn't help, but thanks for the response.
I have since heard that this was doing the same thing, although
very rarely, on the Laserjet 5100. The user would use the reprint
option to, in effect, run the same program from session mode,
and then both copies would come out. I tried that this morning
without doing the spooler stop and start, and both copies printed.
The difference is it happens every day now. That would seem
to indicate that the problem us buried somewhere in the PCL
code that I wrote years ago. It's crazy, but I may just put the
stop and start spooler in the job. That wouldn't solve the
real problem (whatever that may be), but it would stop it
from happening.
Tom