HP3000-L Archives

September 2011, Week 3

From:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:12:41 +1000
Michael,

I get where you are coming from here, but my situation (maybe I didnt state it before) is that I have all the programs producing printed forms using PCL commands running fine, and I can intercept the spool files, and I cant justify re-writing anything (especially on the 3000) to get pdf files .
Our ERP system (iSeries) produces either paper, or emailed pdfs at user option, and there is pressure to enable some of this capability on the remaining 3000 systems that will take come time to migrate to the new system.

If I am asked to produce new outputs as pdf, I will certainly look into TCL as an option, for which info I thank you.

jp