HP3000-L Archives

August 2011, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:23:02 -0500
What I've done in similar situations with macros in COBOLII from MPE is
to compile the original source on MPE, and then use the listfile as the
new source code for the HPUX AcuCobol or Micro focus. Then do some
cutting -n- pasting into new copy books (COPYLIB's) on the HPUX.

My preference however, is to use a combination of the native C compiler
on HPUX with Cobol-IT. Their is a free version of Cobol-IT (for Windows
and Unix) and also a Enterprise version, too many platforms to list. I
believe that Cobol-IT will be the path of least resistance for future
migrations. As a fork from OpenCobol, you can potentially put the
Cobol-IT/OpenCobol runtime libraries on any platform that supports the C
language.
--Mike.