HP3000-L Archives

May 2011, Week 1

From:
Brett Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 16:30:05 -0400
Long, long ago we got into this argument... must we do it again?

Since HP does not sell an e3000 without MPE/IX (check the CPL - it ain't there) then by default an e3000 is a rolling running machine valid to run whatever version of MPE/iX it was last licensed with.  Image, software, and the like may be another argument.

This was verified by Joan back when she was running things at HP SLT, much to your dismay I'm sure, Dan.  This is a typical answer from that portion of the now extinct HP channel for sure.  Unfortunately, "Because" just won't work anymore...

So, once again, a rolling running system - for DR, parts, (hardware backup since HP support is now spotty at best), app testing or whatever you wish.

Get 'em while they are hot...