HP3000-L Archives

May 2011, Week 1

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 14:27:15 -0500
Yeah, I guess if you've managed or consulted on one of these 3000s, you'd recall times when even semi-automatic wouldn't be enough. I used to own a Tech Sledge, a gag gift boxed up as a "data processing and technology tool." Just a two-pound wood mallet from the 1980s. A gag that was never used, but enjoyed a featured spot in my old Chronicle office.

About every computer I've owned has earned that kind of rebuke, except maybe the iPad. And that's only a year old, so it's got time to frustrate me still. But the way those yay-os were shooting, I think they needed a mainframe to present a bigger target. Not great if you have to wheel the cannon 20 feet closer to score a hit.

Ron

PS. Tannerite -- yeah, there's an app for that :)