HP3000-L Archives

March 2011, Week 4

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:16:59 -0400
On: Monday, March 21, 2011, 4:20 PM, Dave Powell, MMfab
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Looks like I might be putting together a new PC by buying
> components from NewEgg instead of my normal build-to-order routine.
>
> Does anybody know if there are any significant differences in
> hardware diagnostics that come with motherboards from different
> manufacturers? (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc).
>
> I'm thinking mostly about boot-from-CD diagnostics. (Don't care
> about Windows troubleshooting and wouldn't expect that from a
> mobo company anyway).

Every 'new' ix86 system we buy we have assembled to order by a local
shop.  I use The Ultimate Boot CD for diagnostics and so far it has
found and identified every hardware problem that we have encountered
over the past five or so years that we have been using it.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Regards,