HP3000-L Archives

January 2011, Week 1

From:
Wyell HP3000L <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wyell HP3000L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:55:00 -0500
I have a database that uses datasets numbered all the way to 240 (the
maximum limit, after expanded limits).  The problem is that I have dynamic
expansion turned on in every dataset in the database.  ADAGER and DBUTIL
recognize that the dynamic expansion is turned on in every dataset in the
database, however, QUERY and self-made programs that use the DBINFO call
mode 205 (dynamic capacities, expansion parameters, and expansion flag) do
not recognize any dataset higher than 207 as having dynamic expansion turned
on !  Actually, the call returns the correct capacities and expansion
parameters, but the expansion flag returns 0 (meaning expansion is off) for
datasets numbered 208-240.  I know that the expansion is working, as a
couple of the dataset have expanded from a year ago.  I am on MPE 7.0, with
a newer version of IMAGE.  Has anyone had any trouble with mode 205 of
DBINFO ?  The expansion flag is the last item returned in the call.

Wyell Grunwald