HP3000-L Archives

January 2011, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 12:40:49 -0800
Reggie,

The 997 has a NIO bus that is capable of a sustained throughput of 20mb/sec.  That is 20 Mega-bytes per second.

I seriously doubt that a 997 can make an LTO drive run in "stream" mode.  Hence it would just "shoe-shine", back and forth.

The N-Class is a different story as long as it is not crippled.

-Craig