HP3000-L Archives

September 2010, Week 5

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:45:51 -0400
I can't find this in the manual (guess I'm looking in the wrong place),
but I bet someone here knows the answer off the top of their head.

What is the formal file designator you need to set in order to have
errors in a view screen diverted to a file other than $stdlist?

If you don't set this file equation, the error message gets displayed in
the fields on the screen.  If you have small fields on your screen, the
messages gets all chopped up, or writes over itself, making it
impossible to read.

I used the about 20 years ago when I was writing lots of COBOL code.
But haven't needed this in at least 10 years.

thanks

Terry W. Simpkins

Director Business Systems

Measurement Specialties, Inc.