HP3000-L Archives

September 2010, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:34:17 -0400
I think what you are referring to is GREB software which is still on the
market.

It has it's own repecussions.

For example: What if you replace a low end 918 with a 989/200, and then
you turn around it and give it the old HPSUSAN and the CPU string of the
918 so your old software will run on the higher end 989/200?

HP may not have a problem with it, however 3rd party software that uses
hardware tiers for pricing may ask you to pay the higher tier for the
base price and on their maintenance fee.

Tracy Johnson
Office 1-757-766-4318