HP3000-L Archives

September 2010, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:34:59 -0400
All,

I'm currently a licensee - but wouldn't mind having the free key in case I
loose my 'paid' license, as well as copies of the other files.  Multiple
copies are good - to stave off loss by media failure, etc.

Yes, I'm a happy customer - and it's a shame that the product was abandoned.

Once of the things I used to express to the developer was using the product
in environment where samba, telnet, and ftp are considered 'too unsecure' to
be allowed.  I'd though of trying to do telnet over ssh - but I found an
easier solution that's inexpensive as well:

(disclaimer - I have no financial interest in the following, I'm just a
happy customer)

Check out 'ExpanDrive': http://www.expandrive.com/windows

(and yes, it's available for mac's too)

I use it to create what looks like a 'mapped drive' onto any host that
allows ssh logins.  Works like a charm.  Also good for other applications too.

Proof positive that older (and even abandoned) products can still learn how
to work in new situations.  Not that we know of any systems like that.  ;-)

Thanks,

Brian Edminster
Applied Technologies
"Robust Solutions and Integration, for Today and Tomorrow"