HP3000-L Archives

July 2010, Week 2

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:55:52 -0500
So DBGET would not return a 50 if there is enough space on the stack, so
it is still possible to over-run the buffer and corrupt other data items
in your stack.
It is better to compare the length item of the status parm with the
sizeof the databuffer.

On a positive note: The fact that DBGET returns a 50 when there is not
enough space on the stack is a great example of why the HP3000 is so
reliable. In other environments the process would just stop, coredump,
or just simply go away without a clue. Then it could take hours, maybe
days to find the problem code. This shows the design of MPE was to keep
working where other platforms crash and burn!

Mike.