HP3000-L Archives

July 2010, Week 2

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:29:50 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: Denys Beauchemin

This is what is in the IMAGE reference manual for DBGET error 50:

"Buffer is too small (will only be returned if buffer is
too small and the data transfer would write over
stack markers in the user's stack)."

In appendix A it says:

"Calling program's buffer (identified by buffer parameter)
is too small to accommodate the amount of information
that DBGET or DBINFO wishes to return without extending
into the parameters area. This message is returned only if
the buffer is the last item in the user's stack, and will
overflow the stack boundaries."

[Keven]
What this means to me is that in the CISC world,
the data transfer would go above the top-of-stack in the user stack.
(ie beyond the S register).

In the RISC world, I would assume a similar response.

Keven Miller