HP3000-L Archives

July 2010, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:19:20 -0700
I hope your reboot recovered your console; please report?

btw to clear the console buffer, just hit return.  the problem occurs when someone hits any non-CR transmissable key and walks away.  while in this condition, incoming console messages are buffered but with a finite buffer; when it fills ugly things happen.  good habit to hit return when leaving the console.

further btw I don't know that moving a console to another device via CONSOLE <ldev> would clear a console hung this way; it might well just transfer the same busy condition to the new device.  The console is in the process of receiving a command and it's waiting for a CR to end it.

and back to reality I think the fact you were able to receive console messages indicates this was NOT the state of your console.

Tracy Pierce