HP3000-L Archives

July 2010, Week 2

From:
"Walter J. Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter J. Murray
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:20:02 -0700
Kim and the group,

I believe in using the standard COBOL language features, unless there's
a compelling reason to do something MPE-specific.

Therefore, I endorse the solution that Francois posted:

     ACCEPT ... FROM DAY-OF-WEEK

That's assuming you want the current day of the week.  If you want to
know the day of the week for a specified date (YYYYMMDD format), you
would use the INTEGER-OF-DATE function in COBOL to convert to integer
date form, then divide by 7 and use the remainder:  0 = Sunday, 1 =
Monday, ... , 6 = Saturday.

Walter

Walter J. Murray