HP3000-L Archives

July 2010, Week 1

From:
Kent Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 06:41:34 -0700
I was contracting at a company several year ago in California.  The
accountants had conflicts with IT department and decided to out source a
large configuration change for the company health care software.

A large expenditure from for a small company.

 The out sourcing company promised wonderful things delivered a mess.
They still  cashed the check.

What a financial mess!

The out source company was in the US.  Good sales people and bad IT.

Out sourcing decisions are tough.  I had a boss that said:

"Do you really want all the expertise to walk out the door at the end of
the job!"

Sometimes out sourcing can work, but any time you spend big bucks you
need to be very careful.

Kent Wallace

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message,
or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you